Check out what we have in store for you in the July Newsletter
Greetings Advocaters! In this month’s HCV Advocate newsletter we have a plethora of articles for your reading and learning pleasure:
- HealthWise: Avoiding Fatty Liver by Lucinda Porter, RN. Lucinda shares her personal and professional tips to help you avoid or reduce fatty liver disease.
- Hepatitis Headlines:
- AASLD and IDSA Announce Updates to HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C
- The Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver recommends that Canadians born between 1945 and 1975 should be tested for hepatitis C
- Evaluation of Instruments used to Measure Hepatitis C Patient-Reported Symptoms by Alan Franciscus. This is the first in a series of studies from a PCORI funded study. The first one was to evaluate the reliability and validity of several survey instruments.
- SnapShots by Alan Franciscus. In this month’s column I write about the following studies:
- Prognostic value of viral eradication for major adverse cardiovascular events in hepatitis C cirrhotic patients
- Evaluation of the Xpert HCV Viral Load Finger-Stick Point-of-Care Assay
- Gut dysbiosis associated with hepatitis C virus infection
- Hepatocellular carcinoma incidence and survival among people with hepatitis C an international study
- Hepatitis C care in the Department of Veterans Affairs: Building a foundation for success
- Impact of sustained virological response on the extrahepatic manifestations of chronic hepatitis C: a meta-analysis
- Viral hepatitis screening in transgender patients undergoing gender identity hormonal therapy
- What’s Up!
- We have updated our entire series of Easy C Facts
Pack Health Don’t forget to check out Pack Health: a free resource to help patients navigate their HCV treatment journey from applying for treatment to cure.
- Enter your contact info
- Use promo code: HCV2017
- Get 3 months of membership free! As easy as 1-2-3!
Questions? Call us at 885-255-2362 8am-5pm | Monday-Friday • Get a personal Health Advisor to coach you on your journey • Develop a personalized plan – you set the goals, we’ll help you get there • Find answers and accountability to get the results you want • Use the tools and guides we send you to track your progress. 1. Enter your contact info 2. Use promo code: HCV2017 3. Get 3 months of membership free! As easy as 1-2-3! To Your Health, Alan and the team of the HCV AdvocateShare This Page