Do you need basic information about hepatitis C?
Have you recently found out that you have hepatitis C? Being diagnosed with this brings up a lot of feelings and questions about hepatitis C.
Some frequently asked questions are:
- What is hepatitis C virus infection (HCV)?
- Is it serious? Will I die?
- Will I need a liver transplant?
- Is there treatment for hepatitis C?
- Can “natural medicine” help me?
- Is it contagious? Can I give it to my family and friends?
- How did I get it? How long have I had it?
- Does this mean I am disabled?
- Where do I get help, information and support?
- What do I do next?
In this guide you will find information to help you find answers to your questions. This information is basic and assumes that you have very little knowledge about hepatitis C. Hopefully it reassures you. How can information about a disease be reassuring? We believe that once you get the facts, the future will look a little brighter.
On this page you can download the HCSP Guide, First Steps with HCV for the Newly Diagnosed, as well as the worksheets from the guide (see below).
The guide is in pdf format, and the worksheets are in MS Word so that you can import them and work on them on your own computer.
Click here to download the worksheets