HCV Advocate Newsletter: 2019
This site includes links to files you can view online or print. To download and print information, you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it free.
February is upon us and it is a sweetheart of a month. The HCV Advocate newsletter is packed full of interesting news to help in your educational interests. Please share it with your family, friends, and, of course, your sweetheart.
The articles in this month’s newsletter include:
- What We Need to Eliminate HCV, by Alan Franciscus. The multimedia review journal Clinical Liver Disease published a series of articles that provided important information about the tools needed to eliminate hepatitis C (HCV). This report is a review of the articles and is specific to the United States. It doesn’t address the political issues that are equally, if not more, important.
- I Heart Liver by Lucinda Porter, RN. Sometimes it takes a hepatitis C diagnosis for us to pay attention to the fact that we each have a liver. We learn where the liver is, what it does, and how essential it is. However, the hepatitis C virus (HCV) affects more than just the liver. HCV affects the entire body, particularly the heart and cardiovascular system. Since February is American Heart Month, it is a perfect time to discuss the relationship between the liver and its neighbor, the heart. In particular, we will explore ways to improve cardiovascular health. This information is good for everyone, with or without hepatitis C.
- Hepatitis Headlines (1) At Stanford, Term ‘Homosexual’ Will No Longer Be Used When Discussing Spread of Hepatitis, (2) Adherence to ‘Healthy Eating Index’ Diet May Reduce Liver Cancer Risk.
- What’s Up! News about the upcoming issue of our last HCV Advocate Newsletter this March, our patient HCV video and Packhealth – a patient resource.
Happy New Year! We hope that 2019 will bring you much joy, happiness and for those with hepatitis C, a cure. I think that 2019 may be the year that we just might turn the corner on screening, access to care and treatment for more people with hepatitis C.
This month’s edition of the HCV Advocate newsletter features the following:
- Top News Stories of 2018, by Alan Franciscus. It was an interesting year in HCV that was full of ups and downs but progress is being made in the fight against HCV.
- Everyone Needs to Know About Liver Cancer by Lucinda Porter, RN writes about the causes, prevention, screening, treatment and cure of this life-threatening disease.
- Hepatitis Headlines provides snapshots of trending news about hepatitis.
- What’s Up! Features an updated Guide and four of our updated fact sheets as well as our Patient Video and Resource for patients:
- HCV: A Guide to Healthy Living with HCV
- One of the best strategies to prevent illness is Hand Washing: A Primer
- Learn about the many different types of and benefits of Meditation
- The new year is time to start eating thinking about Nutrition and HCV
- One of the most important components of health is Sleep
- Watch our patient video about treating and curing HCV.
- Do you have hepatitis C? Get support. Get answers. A free program for patients – PackHealth.
Share This Page