This week’s postings include:
February 2011 HCV Advocate newsletter that includes:
- An article about the priority review given for boceprevir and telaprevir in the United States and the European Union. In addition, telaprevir has been grant priority review in Canada.
- “News Briefs” contains an overview of important news stories, including the first real collaboration between HCV pharmaceuticals, new guidelines on acetaminophen dosage, pilot programs for the HCV aged-based testing initiatives, and the use of medicines to prevent the recurrence of hepatitis C after liver transplantation.
- “HCV Snapshots” for February are devoted to research on the association between HCV, stroke and heart disease,
- “HealthWise”’s topic this month is a further exploration of the heart and HCV
February HBV Journal Review that includes:
- A push to increase the diagnosis of liver cancer
- A new and more accurate liver cancer marker
- Early identification of liver cancer = longer survival
- Women with HBV and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma cancer
- First-line of treatment – pegylated interferon or HBV antivirals?
- Liver disease and risk of stroke
…..and many more articles
Don’t forget to check out our blog for more about the most recent news stories.
Executive Director, Hepatitis C Support Project
Editor-in-Chief, HCV Advocate www.hcvadvocate.org
Editor-in-Chief, HBV Advocate www.hbvadvocate.org
**Questions and Comments: Questions and/or comments can be directed to email@example.com
**To receive the eblast in your email inbox simply send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with nothing in the subject line and the following in the message body: subscribe emailalert. Make sure your email address is all lower case.