Just a short mid-month update but with some very important items.
HBV Advocate Blog
1. We are pleased to announce the launch of the HBV Advocate Blog. This blog will focus exclusively on HBV and HBV coinfections. There will be quite a few original articles by Christine M. Kukka, the HBV Advocate Project Manager, as well. Check it out, and don't forget to join this blog and post comments.
2. How Do I Leave Work on Disability—2013 by Jacques Chambers, CLU —Learning the process of leaving work is a good step, which will make the actual decision easier if and when it happens. There is a lot that can be done now, even if leaving work is not in the near future. This article contains a summary of the entire process.
3. We have recently updated our Top Ten documents that were viewed on the HCV and HBV Advocate Websites – find out what others are reading regarding viral hepatitis.
HBV among the top ten are:
How to Interpret Hepatitis B Antibody & Viral Tests
What Is HBV DNA and How Is It Measured?
Hepatitis Basics: Hepatitis B Antigen and Antibody Tests
and for those newly diagnosed—HBV: Testing Positive for Hepatitis B, Now What?
HCV HCV's top ten include English and Spanish Fact Sheets and Guides:
4. Clinical Trials Postings: Updated—June 17!
Be sure to check out the latest clinical trial postings at the HCV Advocate News & Pipeline Blog. Just click on the links to the Drug Companies at the top to see which drugs are in trials right now, where the trials are, and how to register for one.
Don’t forget that there is help as close as a phone call – the 877-HELP-4-HEP line (877-435-7443) is available 9:00am to 7:00pm Eastern Time. For more information about the services they offer either call or visit their Website at www.help4hep.org The helpline is run by The Support Partnership: a group of non-profits working together to help people affected by hepatitis C.
5. Top News (Blog) from the HCV Advocate News & Pipeline Blog includes:
and much, much more…..
Executive Director, Hepatitis C Support Project
Editor-in-Chief, HCV Advocate www.hcvadvocate.org
Editor-in-Chief, HBV Advocate www.hbvadvocate.org
**Questions and Comments: Questions and/or comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
**To receive the eblast in your email inbox simply send an e-mail to: email@example.com with nothing in the subject line and the following in the message body: subscribe emailalert. Make sure your email address is all lower case.