This week's eblast contains lots of important information about this week's postings on the HCV and HBV Advocate websites.
1. We have recently added a new section to our Easy C Facts, called New DAA's:
Genotype 1: Simeprevir October 2013
Genotype 1: Sofosbuvir October 2013
Genotypes 2 & 3: Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin October 2013
2. We have also added a new section to our HCSP Fact Sheet Series, called HCV Drugs in Development, and updated many fact sheets in our Being an Effective Healthcare Consumer series :
HCV Drugs in Development
Phase 3 Genotype 1 — DAA plus PEG/RBV. This fact sheet is an update of a recent article we posted in the September 2013 HCV Advocate newsletter.
3. Obamacare is Open – What Do I Do Now?, by Jacques Chambers, CLU. Be sure to check out this very important article which will answer such questions as:
Am I affected by this law?
What changes will this cause to my health insurance?
Should I be doing anything?
What should I be doing?
Do I have to buy health insurance?
When should I do this?
4. We have recently updated our Top Ten documents that were viewed on the HCV and HBV Advocate Websites – find out what others are reading regarding viral hepatitis.
HBV among the top ten are:
How to Interpret Hepatitis B Antibody & Viral Tests
What Is HBV DNA and How Is It Measured?
Hepatitis Basics: Hepatitis B Antigen and Antibody Tests
and for those newly diagnosed—HBV: Testing Positive for Hepatitis B, Now What?
HCV HCV's top ten include English and Spanish Fact Sheets and Guides:
5. Clinical Trials Postings: Updated—October 15, 2013
Be sure to check out the latest clinical trial postings at the HCV Advocate News & Pipeline Blog. Just click on the links to the Drug Companies at the top and to see which drugs are in trials right now, where the trials are, and how to register for one.
Don’t forget that there is help as close as a phone call – the 877-HELP-4-HEP line (877-435-7443) is available 9:00am to 7:00pm Eastern Time. For more information about the services they offer either call or visit their Website at www.help4hep.org The helpline is run by The Support Partnership: a group of non-profits working together to help people affected by hepatitis C.
6. Top News (Blog) from the HCV Advocate News & Pipeline Blog includes:
and much, much more…..
Executive Director, Hepatitis C Support Project
Editor-in-Chief, HCV Advocate www.hcvadvocate.org
Editor-in-Chief, HBV Advocate www.hbvadvocate.org
**Questions and Comments: Questions and/or comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
**To receive the eblast in your email inbox simply send an e-mail to: email@example.com with nothing in the subject line and the following in the message body: subscribe emailalert. Make sure your email address is all lower case.