Check out what we have in store for you in the January Newsletter
Happy New Year! In the first issue of 2016 — going on our 19th year of the HCV Advocate newsletter — we have a couple of interesting articles to share with you:
- Tops News – 2015 by Alan Franciscus. I have listed the top news stories of 2015 that the staff of HCSP/HCV Advocate have picked. I am sure that the top news story will not surprise anyone! The remaining stories are not in any particular order, but many of them are linked in some way or other to the top story.
- HealthWise by Lucinda K. Porter, RN—Highlights from the 2015 Liver Meeting—includes interesting stories about interferon/ribavirin-free treatment for those over 70 years old, how often people should have biopsies, fibrosis progression, current trends in liver transplantation, and much more . . .
- What’s New! Well a whole lot – that’s what:
- Hullabaloo is an event we are having during January 2016 with lots of news, abstracts and articles posted to our Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as our HBV, Tattoo, and HCV Advocate News and Pipeline blogs. By the way, our HCV Advocate News and Pipeline Blog was named one of the Top Hepatitis C Blogs of 2015 by Healthline.
- Walgreens – check out our link to Walgreens Pharmacy that is offering free testing of hepatitis C at selected sites. Please tell your family, friends and clients about the free testing.
- Events Page – our events page has been updated for 2016 events. An on-line form has been added to fill out to post to our Events page. Please send us information about your event 60 days in advance.
- Our Medical Glossary has been updated with the latest medical information. The medical information is presented in plain language that everyone can understand.
The staff of the Hepatitis C Support Project/HCV Advocate and yours truly would like to wish you and yours a happy and healthy 2016.