Check out what we have in store for you in the July Newsletter
In this month’s July HCV Advocate newsletter we have the following articles for your educational and reading pleasure:
- HealthWise: World Hepatitis Day 2017 by Lucinda K. Porter, RN—Lucinda discusses the importance of World Hepatitis Day, the populations it is affecting around the world, and how various organizations are responding to the hepatitis B and C epidemic.
International Liver Conference – Part 3 – Third Time’s the Charm – This is our final coverage in the HCV Advocate newsletter.
- My coverage includes three studies: (1) a study of hepatitis C (HCV) treatment of injection drug users with Epclusa, (2) improvement of glycemic control (diabetes) in people who responded to HCV treatment with sofosbuvir-based therapies, and (3) HCV treatment in people with kidney disease.
- Matthew’s coverage includes 2 studies: (1) the treatment of HCV in post-transplant people coinfected with HIV, and (2) the outcomes of people treated with direct-acting antiviral medications while waitlisted for a liver transplant evaluated one year post-transplant.
- What’s Up!
- We have five new Harm Reduction Fact Sheets:
- Bleach: How to clean a syringe with bleach
- Injection Techniques: Techniques on safe injecting
- Naloxone: What is it and how to use it?
- Opioids: What are they and how they work?
- Vein and Artery Care: How to take care of your veins and arteries, and when to know you hit a vein or artery.
To your health,
Alan and the staff of the HCV AdvocateShare This Page