Check out what we have in store for you in the March Newsletter
Happy March! In this month’s HCV Advocate we have the following articles for your educational reading and enjoyment:
- HealthWise: Is Hepatitis C Treatment Safe? By Lucinda Porter, RN– My first article for the HCV Advocate appeared 20 years ago. Hepatitis C virus infection (HCV) wasn’t curable yet. HCV is now easily curable and one would think the problem is solved, but it isn’t. Numerous obstacles stand in the way of eliminating this disease. A large percentage of the population is still undiagnosed because of inadequate HCV screening. Access to health care is uneven, particularly for those who need it the most.”
- SnapShots by Alan Franciscus – this SnapShots has the following briefs:
- Article: Direct-Acting Antiviral Sustained Virologic Response: Impact on Mortality in Patients without Advanced Liver Disease—L.I. Backus, et. al.
- Article: Increasing Prevalence of Hepatitis C among Hospitalized Children Is Associated with an Increase in Substance Abuse—A S Barritt, et. al.
- Article: Population-level outcomes and cost-effectiveness of expanding the recommendation for age-based hepatitis C testing in the United States—J. A. Barocas, et. al.
- Article: Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir for Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 3 Patients with Cirrhosis and/or Prior Treatment Experience: A Partially Randomized Phase 3 Clinical Trial—D. Wyles, et. al.
- What’s Up!
- Check out our new video that chronicles a patient and her medical team from hepatitis C treatment to cure and beyond!
- A Basic Guide to Hepatitis B
- Harm Reduction Fact Sheets – We have reviewed and updated our Harm Reduction Fact Sheets
- Don’t forget PackHealth—a free resource for patients to help them in their journey from applying for treatment to treatment and hopefully a cure!
To Your Health,
Alan and the team of the HCV AdvocateShare This Page