Check out what we have in store for you in the May Newsletter
HealthWise – Hepatitis C Treatment Side Effects by Lucinda K. Porter, RN discusses starting treatment and what to expect in the age of direct-acting antiviral therapy.
The Five – The International Liver Congress (ILC): 2016 by Alan Franciscus. In this report I discuss:
- Drugs in development to treat hepatitis C (HCV),
- A clinical trial to treat children with hepatitis C,
- A clinical trial of generic direct-acting antiviral (DAA) medications,
- Comparing the cure rates of DAA medications in HCV mono-infected people compared to the cure rates in people with HIV/HCV coinfected people,
- Curing acute HCV in a little as 6 weeks.
What’s Up! We have reviewed and updated the following:
Alan and the staff of the HCV Advocate!