Learn the basics of living well – and responsibly – with hepatitis C, and get important information on health insurance and disability.
This site includes links to files you can view online or print. To download and print information, you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it free.
Insurance and Benefits
- Disability – A survivor’s guide (December 2015)
- Social Security and Medicare Changes for 2016 (November 2015)
- Open Enrollment for Obamacare and Medicare (October 2015)
- Emotional Issues When Leaving Work on Disability (September 2015)
- Balance Billing by Out-of-Network Providers (August 2015)
- Disability & Benefits: Medicare at Age 65 (July 2015)
- Disability & Benefits: Who Is Disabled? (June 2015)
- Disability & Benefits: Planning for Disability (May 2015)
- Disability & Benefits: SSI and SSDI—Social Security’s TWO Disability Programs (April 2015)
- COBRA Continuation Coverage and Obamacare (March 2015)
- Reallocation; ACOs; ABLE Accounts (Update on Federal Government Actions) (February 2015)
- Family & Medical Leave Laws (January 2015)
- Medicaid (December 2014)
- Preparing Your Medical Record for Disability (November 2014)
- Open Enrollment for Obamacare and Medicare (October 2014)
- HCV Meets Managed Care Health Insurance (2014) (September 2014)
- Social Security & Disability—2014 (July 2014)
- ACA – Special Enrollment Periods (June 2014)
- Coordination of Benefits (Coverage Under Multiple Health Plans) (May 2014)
- How Social Security Determines Disability—2014 (April 2014)
- Filing for Disability: Privacy Concerns (plus an update on Obamacare changes) (March 2014)
Americans with Disabilities Act
For information and technical assistance about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) contact the ADA Information Line 800-514-0301 (voice) 800-514-0383 (TTY). ADA Specialists are available to provide ADA information and answers to technical questions on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. or on Thursday from 12:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Articles authored by Jacques Chambers, Benefits Counselor.