This section provides the following information:
HCV Medications: This tab features several sets of information about managing treatment side effects:
- Quick Reference Guide: CV Medications Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lists in chronological order all the drugs that have been approved to treat hepatitis C, with the cure rates by genotype.
- The HCV Advocate Drug Pipeline is updated monthly. The updated version is included with the monthly HCV Advocate newsletter and it is posted on the website at Drug Pipeline Monthly Report.
- We are also now providing a new Clinical Trials Reference Guide. The Clinical Trials Reference Guide provides information about clinical trials related to hepatitis C (HCV) and HIV/HCV coinfection that people may want to inquire about and to enroll in.
ClinicalTrials.gov is a government-run clinical trial site. If you type in “HCV” in the search engine, it will bring up all clinical trials. If you are looking for a particular drug study—type in “HCV” and the drug name. Once you find a clinical trial that you are interested in – you can click through until you find where the clinical trial site resides—city and state.
Current Treatments: This tab features several sets of information:
- Information about Current Treatments on our blog Current Hep C Medications Blog.
- EasyC sheets that address Current Treatments Current Treatments (Easy C’s)
- Factsheets about Current Treatments: Current Treatments (HCSP Facts)
Current Treatment – Side Effect Management: This tab features several sets of information about managing treatment side effects:
- EasyC sheets that address Side Effect Management: Side Effect Management (Easy C’s)
- Factsheets about Side Effect Management: Side Effect Management (HCSP Facts).
FDA – Approved Prescribing Information (Package Inserts): The FDA will issue a package label that contains valuable information about the efficacy (effectiveness), adverse events (side effects), who should use the medications, who should not take the medications and other relevant information.
Drug Pipeline and Conference Coverage: Conference coverage from the major hepatitis conferences, news coverage about drugs in development to supplement our Drug Pipeline, and recently released scientific abstracts about hepatitis C.
Treatment-Related Guides: Information about various issues related to treatment.
Share This Page